1,117 total views, 3 views today
One of the most breathtaking landscapes in India, the region of the Northern part of the Sikkim state is the marvel of Nature of the Earth. The pristine view of the white snowy mountain tops, vivacious waterfalls, bustling rivers, majestic lakes and the vivid flora and fauna have the capacity to spellbind its visitors with its spectacular Natural untouched beauty.
Day 1: New Jalpaiguri to Gangtok
Take a cab from Siliguri/NJP/Bagdogra to Gangtok, Reach Gangtok at 4PM and Check-in at hotel, Rest and Altitude acclimatization to make the body ready. If possible, go to Rumtek Monastery and Namgyal Institute of Tibetology.
Day 2: Gangtok to Tsongo Lake with Baba Mandir Excursion
52kms in 3hrs – One way (Timing: 7.30AM to 2.30PM). After breakfast drive to Tsongo Lake (Alt 12000ft/3600M), a high altitude alpine lake close to Indo-China Border.
Enjoy playing in snow and try Yak Ride and proceed further to Legendary Baba Harbhajan Singh Mandir. Back to Hotel for late Lunch. Travel to Nathula Pass (Alt 14000Ft / 4200M) on China Border can also be arranged (Except Mon, Tue) for Indian Nationals only with 30 Days Advance Request at an additional cost. Afternoon is free for personal activities. Overnight at Gangtok
Day 3: Gangtok to Lachen, 130kms in 7hrs
Morning drive to Lachen in North Sikkim (Alt 9175Ft / 2750M). On the way visit Singhik, Seven Sister Water Falls, Chungthang Confluence. Lunch at a local restaurant on the way. Check in at local Guest house or hotel. Free evening and Overnight at Lachen
Day 4: Lachen to Thangu, Chopta Valley and Gurudongmar Lake, Total 120kms in 6hrs
Early morning drive to Thangu Village (Alt 13625Ft / 4100M), a remote high altitude village of Tibetan Nomads and also proceed further to Chopta Valley (Alt 13325Ft / 4000M) to get some breathtaking view of alpine valley of frozen rivers. From Chopta Valley drive for another 30kms in 1.5hr to Gurudongmar Lake (Alt 17375Ft / 5225M) close to Tibet Border, the one of the Highest and biggest fresh water lakes in Sikkim. Back to Lachen for Lunch.
Lachen to Lachung, 50kms in 2.5hrs – Check out from Lachen and drive further to Lachung (Alt 8075Ft / 2425M) via Chungthang. En route visit Chungthang Confluence and Vimnala Water Falls. Check in at hotel. Free evening Overnight at Lachung
Day 5: Lachung to Yumthang Valley Excursion 25kms in 1.5hrs (One Way)
Early morning drive to Yumthang Valley (Alt 11925Ft / 3575M), an Alpine flower valley in North Sikkim. Enjoy the scenic landscape and Hot spring and drive back to Lachung for Lunch. Free evening to roam around the village and river valley. Overnight at Lachung
Yumesamdong Valley (Alt 15750Ft / 4725M) – From Yumthang Valley you can drive for another 30kms in 1.5hr to Yumesamdong or Zero Point close to Tibet Border and back to Lachung. (One of the tallest place, More than half the height of Mt. Everest, twice the height of Kodaikanal, equivalent to the height of Everest Base camp)
Day 6: Lachung to Dzongu valley, (125kms in 5hrs)
Check out from Lachung and drive to Dzongu valley.
Dzongu Valley is an offbeat destination. Reserved forest area and no hotels are available. But there are several homestays are available. Dzongu is full of waterfalls. They can be seen cascading down from every second hill. Lingzya falls is the best among them
Day 7: Rest and Eco-Tourism in Dzongu valley
Day 8: Reserve Day & Return to NJP
Afternoon Start Drive from Gangtok/Dzongu to New Jalpaiguri. Reach before 7 PM and Have dinner. Catch Train to Kolkata by PADATIK EXPRESS at 9:00 PM or any other late evening trains
Day 6: Lachung to Mt. Katao
(3-4 hours tops) and then drive from Lachung to Dzongu, (50kms in 3hrs)
Early Morning drive to Katao, drive back to Lachung for Brunch. Start to Mangan/Dzongu for the drop. Check In at the home stays and overnight stay (Rest Day). Since it will very tiring because of all the travel through snow.
Day 7: Spend Eco Tourism and whole day in Dzongu
(Optional Rest day for those who want) and Night stay
Day 8: Start to New Jalpaiguri by Car
(Afternoon Start 12:00-1:00PM, after Break Fast)
Reach NJP by Late Evening around 7:00PM and Have dinner. Catch Train to Kolkata by PADATIK EXPRESS at 9:00 PM
Products from Amazon.in
- Price: Check on Amazon
- Price: Check on Amazon
- Price: Out of stock
- Price: Out of stock
- Price: INR 598.00Was: INR 1,499.00
- Price: INR 774.00Was: INR 1,299.00
Few important things to note
- It is essential to keep in the mind while planning for the North Sikkim tour that you should not be in a hurry to visit all places in a short trip. If you do lots of traveling without proper resting you will get sick and your holiday will be jeopardized. So go for either long trip of one week for the complete North Sikkim tour or cut short your destinations list, especially, if traveling with children or senior citizens.
- Permits are required to visit the destinations in the North Sikkim and that cannot be done overnight so it is necessary to make advance booking to avoid any permit hassle. Your tour agent can obtain the permit if you send him the Xerox of your required documents in advance.
- No doubt! The trip to Gurudongmar Lake is a magical journey which will be memorable for the lifetime. But, visiting this place is a bit risky due to the landscape and the climate. So, if you are with children or elderly people, then it is best to avoid visiting this place.
- If the weather and road condition is not so good and the driver advises not to visit the Gurudongmar Lake then do not attempt the trip. Turn back or Cancel the plan and do not insist driver for visiting the Gurudongmar Lake anyhow.
- If you are planning to visit Lachen and Lachung both in the winter season then it is best to visit Lachung first before Lachen and Gurudongmar Lake. If you choose to visit the Lachen and then Gurudongmar Lake first, then the high altitude may be problematic for your health as the Gurudongmar Lake is at an altitude of 17,500 ft and many tourists fall sick and return from the midway without visiting the Lake. If you visit Lachung first which is at a lower altitude than Lachung, your body gets adapted to the high altitude and your body can easily handle the high altitude pressure. However, these problems are significantly less in the summer season.